Pineapples are brimming with vitamin B1 and C along with smaller amounts of B6, B5, B3 and B2. There are also great sources of the following: dietary fiber, folic acid, beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, copper as well as manganese. Many believe that the most outstanding feature of the fruit is the mount of bromelain that it contains. Bromelain is an enzyme that has a number of uses for the body which include the ability to offer the balance of fluids.
Incorporating pineapples into your juicing regimen will provide you with an anti-inflammatory agent and a method of digestion assistance. The following will provide you with juice and smoothie recipes that you will find both tasty and beneficial. Whether you would like to slim down a bit or just reap the overall benefits of the fruit, the recipes will fulfill your desires.
More great tasting juice recipes can be found at The Sunflower Press.
*****Do note that the vast majority of the recipes call for immediate consumption.*****
Pineapple Juice with Beetroot Ingredients
- 4 cups of pineapple
- Half of a small beetroot
- Cut the skin from the pineapple
- Wash the beetroot and remove its skin. Do note that the skin can be quite tough.
- Slice the pineapple and beetroot so that the pieces are able to fit into your juicer
- Juice and serve over ice
Pineapple Juice with Cucumber Ingredients
- 1 cup of pineapple
- ?cup of a cucumber
- Peel and chop the pineapple
- Wash, peel (if waxed) and slice the cucumber
- Add to juicer
- Serve over ice
Pineapple Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup of cubed fresh or drained canned pineapple
- ¼ cup of frozen pineapple orange juice concentrate
- ?cup of nonfat vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 crushed ice cubes
- Combine the pineapple, the juice concentrate, yogurt, water and ice cubes within a blender. Blend until frothy and smooth. Serve immediately.
Mango, Strawberry and Pineapple Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 mango that has been skinned and cut into 1 inch dice and then frozen
- 5 strawberries after the stems have been removed and they are cut and frozen
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and puree until the beverage is smooth. This should take between 2-3 minutes. Drink immediately.
Kale Smoothie with Pineapple and Banana Ingredients
- ?cup of coconut milk
- 2 cups of stemmed and chopped kale (or spinach)
- 1 ?cups of chopped pineapple (which is approximately ¼ of a medium sized pineapple)
- 1 ripe banana that has been chopped
Combine the milk, kale/spinach, pineapple and banana into a blender. Puree the mixture until smooth. This should take approximately one minute to achieve the needed texture. Add water as needed as a measure of ensuring your desired consistency.
Skinny Pineapple Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
- ?of a medium sized banana
- ?cup of crushed ice
- ?cup of vanilla yogurt (vanilla Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute)
- ?cups of fat free milk (coconut milk can be used as a substitute)
Combine the ice, pineapple and banana into the blender. Add 1 cup of milk and pulse mixture until smooth. Add the additional milk ¼ cup at a time until your desired consistency is achieved.
****Should you prefer a dairy free option, use only coconut milk and remove the yogurt.